Sponsor a Camper
The Chris Dudley Basketball Camp is for boys and girls between the ages of 10-17 with type 1 diabetes. Kids come from all over the world to participate in a one-week lifetime experience of outdoor camp while improving and playing the game of basketball with 16 year NBA veteran Chris Dudley. One of the goals at camp is for campers to walk away with a sense of how to play an intensive sport while controlling their diabetes.
Donate today and support a camper!
Camp tuition is $560.00 for the one-week camp. Although the actual cost of camp is $800.00 per camper, donations, sponsorships and fundraisers enable us to reduce the fee so we can make the experience available to more campers. No one is ever denied admission to camp because of financial status. Participation is available to those in need.
Thank you so much for putting this camp on every year. It is always the highlight of my summer.I have grown up through the years at camp and it is an experience I'll never forget.
Charlie - Washington
Facts about the camp
- The camp is limited to 75 participants. That means that each camper gets a lot of individual attention.
- Participants in camps stay in bunkhouses and take part in scheduled days of basketball skills, drills and games.
- For the past four years, Bobby Medina, trainer for the Portland Trailblazers, has helped campers learn and improve their skills.
- Each camper is assigned to a team with a coach and a counselor.
- Any time campers feel the need, a counselor will help them test their blood sugar and help them take the necessary action.
- There is free time every day; from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Options during free time include swimming, beach volleyball and the infamous Slip ‘N Slide and Splash contests.
For further information on how you can sponsor a camper please contact the Chris Dudley Foundation email@example.com